RunePunk: Shape Changer power

Home Forums Games & Theory Blurry Vision RunePunk: Shape Changer power

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sean Preston Sean Preston June 20, 2015.

• Author

Thanatos
    Participant

I understand that there was a change to the power in the errata, but I am unable to locate it.  I have the 1st edition rules.  I am having a serious cuss and discuss session with my GM about this.  He is saying that the power is that I can only copy people (aka Mystique style) with concentration and smarts rolls. (not Vigor rolls) per 1st edition.  I can understand the smarts rolls.  BUT, I understood the powers to be more like a master of disguise type of thing. (aka Nymphadora Tonks, a metamorphmagus from Harry Potter series, who could change specific features of herself by choice.  Hair color, eye color, nose shape, etc.)  As well as try to imitate people.  Could you clarify this for me?

Sean Preston
    Sean Preston
    Keymaster

The most salient part of the Edge in the core book reads, “It requires a Vigor roll to change forms and is a full round action.”

Looking over the errata, I don’t see anything contraindicating this. The physical act of changing requires the Vigor roll. It is a physical transformation. While you can look like a particular individual, you could certainly transform into a generic <insert race> citizen.  Smarts isn’t involved in this as it’s an innate part of the Malakar’s demonic heritage coming to the fore. It’s not actually a cerebral act, more a reflexive one.

P.S. RunePunk is one word. 😉

Sean Preston
    Sean Preston
    Keymaster

I’ll get the errata cleaned up and uploaded next week. I found it in our file repository and it needs a touch of presentational polish.

Thanatos
    Participant

Thank you for the info.  I really appreciate it.

Sean Preston
    Sean Preston
    Keymaster

Sure thing. The errata is now available here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.