Keep the Torch Lit
Yesterday, I spoke a bit about the demands of our time when it comes to getting in some game time, but let’s flip it just a bit, and discuss what happens when you’ve got the time, the inclination, but you can’t get any of your buddies together for a game?
There are still a number of options to explore.
1. Throw in the towel, and take up another hobby, like hang gliding.
2. Find a different creative outlet related to your hobby, such as miniature painting, writing, or board gaming.
3. Start creating your very own world for the day you can get your buddies back together.
4. Find an online service and coordinate a game with your gang.
5. Advertise for new folks online or on your local campus or at your hobby store.
With the exception of number one, I’ve done all of these things at one time or another in my life. Tomorrow, we’ll discuss some do’s and don’ts for finding folks to game with.
Until then, I bid you, dear reader, adieu!