This Feels Like Wednesday Already
I’m going to be succinct today, because it’s been very much one of those days. In fact, I’ll put it into a neat, little punch list.
1. Many phone calls occurred today. They were of varying degrees of import, but were all necessary. I’m always happy to see how my team is doing, but it seems they all conspired to call me on top of each other. Not very much fun. This reminds me how scheduling calls is probably a good thing overall. I’ve not had many calls of late, and have weened myself off of the phone as much as possible over the last few months because
a)I am prone to ramble. Cooped up in my room all day long, it’s nice to have some human contact.
b)I get more work done actually working than talking about working. Who would’ve thought?
c)I brainstorm a great deal. Now you might say, “Sean, that’s a good thing. Get those creative juices going.” I will tell you I have no problem coming up with enough stuff to work on to last a lifetime, and it’s essential to get through the stuff in the queue before increasing the length of the queue or I might suffer severe levels of mental anguish (something counterproductive to the whole process).
2. The writing was a bit more trying than usual, notably because of point 1 and point 3 (which we’re about to get to now).
3. Switching my schedule around, as discussed at length yesterday, has thrown me into some type of cosmic disarray. I feel like I’m in an episode of Sliders where this is almost my home but not quite. In hippie terms, my biorhythms are out of sync, man.
4. The weather has only contributed to my growing ennui. I know about winter bear syndrome, but do we really need this much strange weather all at once?
5. Last but not least, I managed to push through, prevail, and get my work schedule back on track, errr, where it would be if this were a Wednesday and not a Tuesday. We’ll have to see how this all shakes out. If I can maintain my progress through Friday, and reclaim my creative free day, I’ll be happy. Will I think it’s worth it and want to do it again? I don’t think so. The price, at this side of the toll bridge, seems entirely too high. I’ll try to get a good night’s sleep, and come back recharged and refreshed, and ready for what the real Wednesday has in store. :)
Until next time, I bid you, dear reader, adieu!